If you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, or are caring for someone who does, and you own an Apple or Android smartphone – you can download the free Diabetes UK Tracker app.
The app is designed to be quick and simple to use, taking the daily chore out of logging levels such as blood glucose, carbohydrates and calories.
The app was designed by a team that included user experience professionals, clinical specialists and people with diabetes, to help you manage your condition.
Download the app for free today: search for 'Diabetes UK' in the App Store on your device. You can download the Apple version of Diabetes UK Tracker app from the iTunes App Store, or download the Android version of the app from the Google Play store.
Although there are a number of diabetes tracker apps available, the Diabetes UK app has some unique features to give it the edge:
- Log and track a range of levels: blood glucose, insulin, carbohydrates, calories, weight and ketones
- View your data in day and week graphs to spot trends
- See your daily average blood glucose level, total carbohydrates and total calories
- The first diabetes app that allows you to track how you are feeling and see whether this affects your levels
- Share your entries – for example, send your graphs to your healthcare professional, or export your data to CSV via email
- Graphs and notes can be shared on Facebook and Twitter, and you can add photos of your meals, or anything that reminds you of your day, to your graph so you can work out what affects your levels
- Save specific records as 'talking points' to help you recognise patterns and use them as reminders in healthcare appointments. This unique feature will help you get the most out of appointments by setting an agenda of your concerns.
We will listen to all the reviews and feedback we receive about the app and hope to be able to develop and improve the app accordingly in future updates. If you have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and reviews
When you’ve tried the app, please review and rate the app to help others find it.
Third Sector Excellence Award winner 2012
In September 2012 we were delighted when the Diabetes UK Tracker app won the Third Sector Excellence Award for Use of Digital Media. This prestigious award recognises innovation by charities in digital media – you can read more about the win on the Third Sector website.